As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. David's Garden Seeds #ad
David's Garden Seeds Microgreens Beet Bull's Blood 7453 Red Non-GMO, Heirloom Seeds One Ounce Pack #adDavid's Garden Seeds #ad
- Harvest in about 16 to 25 days. Seeds are non-gmo, easy to grow and hand packed by David's Garden Seeds in the United States of America. Lofty deep-red leaves and stems. Deep burgundy leaves. Germination rate about 80% or better.
2. Isla's Garden Seeds #ad
Detroit Dark Red Beet Microgreens Seeds, Non GMO Seeds, 100 Heirloom Seeds Per Packet #adIsla's Garden Seeds #ad
- It takes a bit more time to mature, the bright stems and leaves look fantastic on any dish! Latin name: beta vulgaris Type: Open Pollinated, Heirloom, but once grown, Cool Season.
Microgreens: detroit dark red beet micros - 11-21 days. Fantastic for indoors countertop growing! for more of isla's garden seed products, enter Isla's Garden Seeds into your search bar on Amazon! Please submit a 5 star review to help the continued success of our Garden Seed Company! Please post pictures of your plants and review us! These are high quality seeds, be sure to fully research proper germination instructions for optimal germination rates.
Hardiness zones: 3, 11, 6, 4, 5, 9, 7, 8, 10, 12. Beets are a more advanced microgreen but well worth the effort because of its stunning color and bold flavor.
3. Handy Pantry #ad
Dun Pea, Soil Based Microgreens Seeds Assortment: Micro Greens Seed Collection: Sunflower, Buckwheat, Rainbow Swiss Chard, Detroit Beets, Cilantro #adHandy Pantry #ad
- Six types of microgreens seeds, dunpea, Buckwheat, cilantro, ideal for growing in soil: Sunflower, Beet & Rainbow Swiss Chard. All varieties in this collection do best grown as microgreens in soil.
All seed is Non-GMO. They are very difficult to grow hydroponically. High germination rates - Up to 2 small seed substitutions may apply based on seasonality. Includes: sunflower 5 lbs, dunpea 5 lbs, cilantro 4 oz, Buckwheat 5 lbs, . Swiss rainbow chard 4 Oz, Detroit Dark Red Beet 4 Oz.
4. RAW EARTH COLORS PLANT. GROW. LOVE. #ad
Sprouting, Beet Seeds for Planting, About 500 Bulls Blood Vegetable Seeds to Plant!, Microgreens #adRAW EARTH COLORS PLANT. GROW. LOVE. #ad
- Premium bulls blood red beet seeds to plant vegetables. Plant in your home vegetable garden, grow as microgreens, sprouting. By raw earth Colors.
Bio degradable compostable seed packet. Check out our other vegetable, fruit and herb seeds. Non gmo heirloom seeds are good for this season and next. Goes well with our lettuce seed mixes.
5. Zellajake Farm and Garden #ad
Or 2 oz, Detroit Dark Red Beet Seeds Easy Grow Heirloom Microgreens C27 3800 Seeds #adZellajake Farm and Garden #ad
- Plant the clusters an inch deep, directly in the garden, an inch apart in rows spaced 12 to 18 inches apart. They do not do well in a very acid soil, giving you a group of seedlings of different sizes. The seedlings may emerge over a period of time, loose soil that is high in fertile matter.
Pull the beets up when they reach your desired size. It takes about 60 days for a beet to reach 11/2 inches in diameter, a popular size for cooking or pickling. Beets tolerate frost and do best in the cooler areas of the country, but they will go to seed without making roots if the plants get too cold when young.
Beets are grown from seed clusters that are slightly smaller than a pea and contain several seeds in each. Flatten and level it with your hand or a small piece of cardboard, taking care not to over-compress the soil. The roots become woody in very hot weather.
Eat thinned seedlings like spinach; they do not transplant well. Harvesting beets Both the leaves and the root can be eaten. This beet tastes fantastic, high yields in the garden, or great tasting microgreens! || FREE SHIPPING || NON GMO. Plant beets two to three weeks before the average date of last frost. Microgreens growing instructions: this is not the only way to do microgreens, everyone will acquire their own techniques, but here are the basics: Cover the bottom of the container with an inch or two of moistened potting soil/mix or coir.
6. Mountain Valley Seed Company #ad
Also Called: Candy Cane, Bullseye Beet, Heirloom, Non-GMO, Microgreens, 1 Oz, Chioggia Beet Seeds, Vegetable Garden #adMountain Valley Seed Company #ad
- Seeds for: vegetable Gardening & Microgreens. Beet garden seeds - chioggia - 1 Oz - Beta vulgaris. Days to full maturity: 55 -- annual -- usdA Hardiness Zone: Annual Crop, Not Intended To Overwinter.
Non-gmo - heirloom - open Pollinated - High Germination Rate. Mountain valley seed Company Brand - Premium Quality Seeds.
7. RAW EARTH COLORS PLANT. GROW. LOVE. #ad
Microgreens, 500 Vegetable Seeds to Plant, Detroit Dark Red!, Sprouting, Beet Seeds for Planting #adRAW EARTH COLORS PLANT. GROW. LOVE. #ad
- By raw earth Colors. Bio degradable compostable seed packet. Perfect microgreen seeds, sprouting seeds or hydrophonics vegetable seeds. Check out our other vegetable seeds, fruit seeds and herb seeds.
Premium detroit dark red beet seeds for planting home garden outdoors in the spring fall or winter. High germination rate non gmo heirloom seeds go well with our cherry belle radish seeds.
8. Zellajake Farm and Garden #ad
Or 1/2 oz, Sugar Beet Seeds Sprouting Microgreen Garden Survival Plot Giant White USA C16 475 Seeds #adZellajake Farm and Garden #ad
- Huge sugar beet seeds! || free shippiNG || NON GMO. They tend to have shiny, but are much larger, white roots, containing 13 to 22 percent sucrose. Sugar created from sugarcane sucrose was very expensive and hard to make, and because of high demand, European traders and governments tried to find the way to make it themselves in large quantities.
Drilled -> 3-4 lbs/acre. Because of that need, importing african slaves to do hard field work, New World became haven for countless immigrants who immediately started working on producing sugar, and building several thousand sugar mills that signified dawn of the industrial revolution in Europe and North America.
The sucrose sugar from sugar beets and sugar cane is identical, and the same as the sucrose found in fruits and vegetables. For the longest period of time, europe had no access to sugar. The only food ingredient that enabled sweetening of food was natural made honey, and because of that Europe has to wait all up to 13th and 14th century until conflict with the middle east during Crusades brought them closer to the riches of the Arab world and India.
Sugar beets are similar to the familiar red-rooted garden beet, and as you might guess, a high sugar content, reaching about 2 to 4 pounds when mature. Seeding rate: broadcast -> 8-10 lbs/acre. Of all known plants, sugar is most highly concentrated in sugar beets and sugar cane. Sugar is a carbohydrate that occurs naturally in fruits and vegetables.
9. Sustainable Seed Company #ad
Heirloom, Detroit Dark Red Beet Seeds, Vegetable Gardening & Micro Greens Seeds, 1 LB ~24,000 Seeds, Non-GMO, Open Pollinated #adSustainable Seed Company #ad
- 56 days to full maturity - annual crop - Not Intended to Over-winter - All Zones in the U. S. A. Vegetable Gardening & Microgreens Seeds. Detroit dark red beet seeds - 1 lB ~24, 000 Seeds - Beta vulgaris.
Superior germination rates - Non-GMO - Heirloom - Open Pollinated. Sustainable seed company - family Owned & Operated - Premium Quality - Ethical & Sustainable Seeds.
10. Zellajake Farm and Garden #ad
Red Mangel Mammoth Beet Seeds Microgreen Sprouting Garden, or Fodder Giant 311C 30 Seeds or 1 Gram #adZellajake Farm and Garden #ad
- Beet seeds can be planted in early spring or midsummer. Simply allow your animals to graze on the tops, free draining, cut the tops for feeding or harvest the root. Red mammoth mangel beets produce an massive crop of edible beet leaves and a large root up to 20# or more in size! These beets prefer deeply tilled, sandy soil to achieve full size.
Giant mangel red beet seeds || family, wurzel, cattle beet, field beet, mangold, and species: Chenopodiaceae Beta vulgaris Synonyms. Plant beet seeds 1” apart, 1/2" deep, and thin weakest seedlings to desired spacing. Zellajake farm and garden: "Seeds for all your planting needs since 2013".
For longer harvest, stagger beet plantings every 2-3 weeks. Free shipping || non gmo. Keep soil evenly moist to prevent beet roots from getting woody. Mangel, genus, mangel-wurzel, fodder beet. Soak seeds overnight in damp towel before planting for excellent germination.
Heirloom seeds are hardy but always take care with your garden seeds to give them the appropriate amount of moisture - not letting the vegetable seeds dry out prematurely or overwatering and possibly having them rot. Fodder beets were cultivated throughout europe from at least the mid-1500s primarily as livestock fodder but were also eaten by people, is thought to have originated from a cross between the red and white garden beet, and was likely first cultivated in Germany Wilson, especially during food shortages.